To be a host family there are some basic requirements that one should meet. They include:
- Provide separate bedroom for the au pair.
- Make internet connection or Wi-Fi available. One member of the family must be able to speak English or any other language of interest spoken by the au pair.
- Respect the au pair.
- Treat au pair like a temporary family member.
- Keep the good relationship with au pair.
- Give kids with au pair their own separate space.
- Respect their space and culture.
- Ready to listen to the au pair; get her point of view also as opposed to a situation where you are giving orders all the time.
- Understand that the au pair will only live with your family for a short time.